The Healthy Families America Strategy
Healthy Families America (HFA) is the signature program of Prevent Child Abuse America. Our National Office, located in Chicago, Illinois, provides support, technical assistance, training, affiliation and accreditation to over 580 affiliated sites across 38 states, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico and in Canada.
65% growth in the number of sites, increasing from 380 sites to 625 sites.
252% increase in the annual operating budget from $771,959 in 2010 to $2,718,000
162% increase in National Office staffing from 6.1 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) to 16 FTE.
To execute these strategies, a deliberate pricing structure had to be implemented. In 2014, this new structure was launched and fees will gradually increase over the next three years. The following tactics will operationalize the strategies:
Establish a strong infrastructure:
- Hire additional staff to ensure adequate time to 1) support affiliates with implementation, training, accreditation, and technical assistance; 2) analyze data; and 3) increase public knowledge of HFA through communications and public policy.
STRENGTHEN THE HFA MODEL:
- Continue to utilize research to inform practice;
- Completion of the HFA Site Tracker (HFAST); and
- Participation in evaluation activities occurring in the home visiting field.
IMPROVE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION AND DEVELOP LEADERS:
- Develop new and improve current training; and
- Increase technical assistance and support provided to the network.
INCREASE PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE:
- Continue the logo creation, website design, messaging and communications plan with the branding consultant; and
- Prioritize public policy resources for the reauthorization of the Maternal Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) program.